Endodontics refers to a specialty branch in dentistry that focuses on caring for the tissues in the innermost part of the tooth, otherwise known as the pulp. The most common treatment associated with endodontics is a root canal. For a better understanding of the basic facts on root canals, read on:
– Dr. Alex Abernathy is trained to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted and replaced by performing a root canal.
– A root canal consists of removing the inner pulp from the tooth in cases where it has been infected, so as to save the tooth.
– After a person’s tooth is finished growing, it can survive without its pulp.
– It is not uncommon for teeth that have undergone root canal treatment to last a lifetime.
– By saving a tooth with root canal treatment, your tooth will be better able to comfortably chew foods, will still look natural, and will keep your other teeth healthy and free of the dangers that come with missing teeth.
– Each year in the United States, dentists save millions of teeth with root canals.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for a root canal. We welcome you to contact Lakeland Dental Care at 601-981-8166 today for more information and to schedule an appointment with our dentist in Jackson, Mississippi. We are excited to serve you and your smile!