Good oral health care consists of many factors. You can enhance and protect your smile with proper oral hygiene. For more information about oral health care, see below:
– Be sure to keep an appointments for checkups and cleanings you have scheduled with your dentist.
– It is essential to keep your toothbrush free of contamination from other brushes or dirty surfaces. Store your brushes upright, alone, and in a well-ventilated area.
– Use products that have been approved by dental professionals. When shopping for dental produces consider product recommendations from your dentist as well as products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Mouth jewelry has the potential for many complications. Don’t have your lips, tongue or cheeks pierced, and consider removing any mouth jewelry you have in place.
– Brush your teeth at least twice every day and floss every day, making sure to floss between each tooth.
– Avoiding snacks and sweets that can lead to dental erosion and cavities, including products that are extremely acidic and contain large quantities of sugar or starch.
If you would like a cleaning and exam from Lakeland Dental Care in Jackson, Mississippi, please contact us at 601-981-8166. Dr. Alex S. Abernathy and the rest of our team will ensure you get the amazing smile you desire. We want to ensure your teeth remain clean for a lifetime to come.