Some of the most common dangers of gum disease include tissue decay and tooth loss. Gum disease will not happen overnight, so constant care of your teeth and gums is the key to battling this oral danger.
Lakeland Dental Care has an experienced team of dentists well-prepared for helping you in the battle against gum disease. Avoid any oral emergencies and fight back against gum disease today. Here are a few risks to be aware of:
– Various medications can increase the risk of gum disease by causing your mouth to dry easier, preventing saliva from protecting your teeth and gums. Be sure to speak with your dentist at Lakeland Dental Care about what medications you may be taking.
– A poor diet will not only increase your risk for gum disease but it can also increase your risk for a host of other issues. Always maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
– Although you really cannot prevent hormonal changes, it is important to know that hormone changes in women and young girls can increase the chance for gingivitis to develop, which is an early stage of gum disease.
– Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco at all costs. Tobacco can cause gum disease, and can even lead to cancer or death.
– Diabetes can increase your risk for gum disease, along with a host of other diseases.
Gum disease has many stages of severity, many of which can be reversed. To learn more or to schedule a visit with Dr. Alex S. Abernathy, you can call our office in Jackson, Mississippi, by calling our number at 601-981-8166. Make gum disease history!